Saturday, January 15, 2011

20 Years

It's weird that I can now begin - and I do mean begin - to say that things happened "twenty years ago."


The entirety of my life can be summed up in that one statement.  Oh, how things have changed.


Twenty years ago, I was laying in a blanket, probably asleep, drooling on myself, unable to hold my head up, unable to do anything really.  Now, I sit in a Panera Bread in Washington, D.C. - technically Arlington, VA -, writing a blog on my laptop, putting off my homework, awaiting text replies on my cell phone, and indulging in the glory that is a Starbucks latte and coffee cake.


What will the next twenty years hold? 
The end of my formal education.
Getting married?
Starting a family?
Beginning a career.
Lots of travel, including that which is international.
Gaining much needed wisdom and guidance from the Lord.
Developing into an adult something.
Exploring my calling.
Adventure.


You have five minutes to wallow in the delicious misery. 
Enjoy it, embrace it, discard ...and proceed.  - Elizabethown.



It's the start of a new decade.  Bring it..

2 comments:

  1. Good job on the first 20.
    I expect big things from the next 20.
    I'm glad to know you Kirby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love. with my whole heart. that you can quote elizabethtown now. i love, love LOVE it :o) good work, kirbs.

    ReplyDelete