Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New Place Numero Uno

One of my resolutions was to visit new places.


This really is not as lofty as a goal as I'd originally intended, so let me specify.  It has to be somewhere completely new.  There are no qualifications for size or stature, just new and full of adventure.  Also, I want to do this more than just once every 3 months, but I wanted to make sure that I could accomplish it, and that parameter was necessary for success.

My first visit to a new place was ... drum roll ... Georgetown University.


This place is incredible.  I stepped on campus and was enveloped by the campus's beauty and prestige.  My liking for Georgetown has come from many places.  First, it's the oldest and largest International Relations school in the United States, making it perfect for the potential future of my education.  Secondly, we all know that I love D.C.  This university is located in one of the coolest areas of the city, appropriately known as, well, Georgetown.  



Third, I needed an NCAA team, as my roommate has recently been educating me about the world that is spectator sports.  Though they may not be national champions or, quite frankly, any good, for that matter, I have chosen the Georgetown Hoyas.  Hoya Saxa to that!


On a side note, some of the dorms are row-houses, which I love love love.  Sure I'll be a grad student if I attend, but can I please live in an on-campus row-house?  Please.

All in all, I loved Georgetown, and it was a great way to start my visiting of new places.  It was a solo visit, so the adventure aspect was a little lacking.  I walked around a little, tried to blend in not stand out, and, like any good visitor, bought a sweatshirt.

I'd love to be a Hoya some day, but until then, I'll relish in my status as a mere Bulldog and just keep adventuring.